- Company Name McGill University
- Salary Offer $58470 - 87710 per year
- Job Start Date Fri, 14 Oct 2022 04:21:43 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Administrative Officer
Job description: Please refer to the job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Reporting directly to the Director of Administration of the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University’s Outaouais Campus, the Administrative Officer is assigned to the Outaouais Campus. He/she addresses the teaching and administrative needs in keeping with the Campus goals and objectives, while ensuring consistency with the University’s mission and culture. He/she also acts as a liaison between the Faculty of Medicine in Montreal and the Outaouais Campus.
- Supports the members of the McGill Community at the Outaouais Campus, students, clinician-teachers and staff in carrying out and fulfilling their mandates and projects. Example: promotion with academic appointments. Attends meetings, makes recommendations and proposes solutions to problems.
- Supports general administration activities such as finances, human resources, communications, student affairs, physical resources, archives, governance and legal affairs.
- Coordinates with colleagues (across hierarchy levels laterally and vertically) on establishing a work team for providing and maintaining a high level of administrative support to optimize university education and clinical exposure (pre-clinical internships, clinics and Simulation Centre at the Outaouais Campus)
- Designs and implements operating methods and procedures at the Outaouais Campus in accordance with McGill University’s rules and policies. Handles and analyzes financial and confidential data.
- Plans and manages the physical resources of the campus (furniture, office supplies, medical supplies for the simulation centre, training classes, conference rooms and teaching materials) ensuring compliance with academic and government regulations, as well as compliance with the agreement between the University and the Outaouais Integrated Health and Social Services Centre (CISSS).
- Trains new employees on the policies, procedures and systems used.
- Analyzes, prioritizes and responds to requests for information Provides support at meetings, events, conferences, symposiums, mini-conferences.
- Develops, implements and maintains the filing systems (electronic and physical documents).
- Evaluates and manages the administrative requirements in terms of information technologies as well as matters pertaining to the space inventory and the buildings.
- Coordinates liaison with the Faculty’s internal units and external players.
This position will be based on the Ouataouais Campus in Gatineau.
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Project management skills; Familiarization with medical terminology and the academic environment; Excellent ability to understand and communicate in writing and orally (English and French); Autonomy in carrying out his/her mandates; Good ability to set his/her priorities and identify emergencies; Professional attitude and ability to work in as part of a team; Available for occasional travel to the Montreal Campus (training, meetings, etc.).
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree 3 Years Related Experience /
Annual Salary: (MPEX Grade 04) $58,470.00 – $73,090.00 – $87,710.00
Hours per Week: 33.75 (Full time)
Supervisor: Associate Director of Administrator
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply: 2022-10-23
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, .