Departmental Assistant 1 – LLPA
Job ID: 17507
- Company Name Douglas College
- Salary Offer $23.41 per hour
- Job Start Date Wed, 21 Jul 2021 23:44:32 GMT
- Job Type Part Time
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Departmental Assistant 1 – LLPA
Job description: Position Details
Position Title Departmental Assistant 1 – LLPA
Posting Number 01146SA
Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus
Grade or Pay Level S – Pay Level 8
Salary Range $23.41 per hour (with wage increments to a max of $25.76 per hour). Salary and wage increments are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Position Type Support Staff – Regular
Posting Type Internal/External
Employment Type Part-Time
Posting Category Staff
Start Date 07/14/2021
Day of the Week Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
Shift 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
This regular part-time (28 hours per week) position is available starting July 14, 2021. Regular hours of work are Tuesday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Shift days and times may change depending on the Department’s need. Occasional evening and/or weekend work, and/or Monday shifts may be required. The successful candidate must be available for work at both the New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays will generally be at the Coquitlam Campus, and Fridays will generally be at the New Westminster Campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
To provide direct administrative support to LLPA programs by assisting with a variety of receptionist, clerical and administrative duties. Provides exceptional client-centred service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS
1. Receives telephone calls, visitors and documentation.
a. Receives, opens, prioritizes and sorts all incoming mail, distributes departmental notices, memos and other documents, noting action required;
b. Handles all telephone calls, answering questions, providing information, making referrals and taking messages;
c. Greets and provides general information to visitors, determines appropriate actions and makes appropriate referrals.
2. Produces a variety of documents and correspondence.
a. Composes routine correspondence;
b. Formats and produces memos, letters, reports, course outlines and other forms from drafts or notes;
c. Prepares and produces documents including budget requests, grant proposals, educational plans, contracts, timetable submissions, calendar submissions, etc.
d. Maintains a variety of records for the Department purging as necessary and ensuring security of confidential materials;
3. Maintains statistical and other information for LLPA programs.
a. Compiles information and/or statistics for reports or material required for internal and external purposes;
b. Prepares statistical and other information for distribution;
c. Organizes and maintains computer files and manuals;
d. Maintains a variety of records, statistics, mailing lists, activity records, etc., including confidential files for student information.
4. Performs administrative support functions for Programs.
a. Assists with assessments and records all assessment scores in a timely manner. Maintains the filing systems for such records;
b. Authorizes student course additions, changes and withdrawals following clearly established departmental policies and procedures.
5. Performs other related duties.
a. Processes a variety of purchasing, printing and other requests and forms.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. Excellent command of English, both written and verbal;
2. Intermediate Microsoft Office and BANNER skills. Must be comfortable with technology, learning new software and programs, keeping up with updates and computer processes;
3. Minimum of two years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
4. Good working knowledge of the applicable College policies and procedures including office practices and procedures;
5. Demonstrated ability to type 55 wpm accurately;
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate courteously and effectively in writing, in person or on the telephone with staff, faculty, administrators and students, as well as maintain a good working relationship with other employees;
7. Demonstrated ability to prepare and compose correspondence and reports with an emphasis on grammar, punctuation and writing skills;
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently under minimum supervision to achieve assigned deadlines; ability to independently establish priorities for work assigned;
9. Experience using InDesign an asset;
10. Experience handling and processing Student assessments and/or auditions is an asset.
Link to Full Position Profile
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 06/25/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. ALL INTERNAL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 5, 2021. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting