Patient & Family Counselling Clerk, General Social Work – BC Cancer VancouverJob ID: 27245
- Company Name BC Cancer
- Salary Offer $23.4 per hour
- Job Start Date Tue, 30 Nov 2021 05:25:10 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Patient & Family Counselling Clerk, General Social Work – BC Cancer Vancouver
Job description: Patient & Family Counselling Clerk, General Social Work
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are an experienced medical administrator with a keen eye for detail and accuracy. Use your great communication and organisation skills to have an impact by joining the BC Cancer Vancouver team!
What you’ll do
- Receive patients arriving at front desk of PFCS or answers telephone calls regarding appointment requests. Assess patient needs regarding supportive care and refer to appropriate Social Worker. Schedule and book patient appointments with professional counselling staff according to the identified nature and urgency of the request. Adjust arrangements in accordance with patient and facility requirements and, as necessary, page social workers. Refer problem requests to Senior Secretary.
- Access patient information on the Agency computer system and review to ensure completeness and accuracy; obtain missing information if required.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take messages and provide information concerning resources (i.e., accommodation, financial assistance and transportation requirements).
- Using a personal computer or typewriter, type letters, memos, patient assessments and various forms from hand-written copy and transcribing equipment. Update and format departmental brochures and pamphlets as directed.
- Respond to telephone calls from patients and hospital staff regarding temporary accommodation; book appointments, record demographic, medical and personal information on each patient and forward information to the Vancouver Lodge on a daily basis for booking purposes.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and two (2) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You will also have the ability to:
- Keyboard 45 wpm.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organize work.
- Carry out the physical duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time (until December 13, 2022)
Wage: $23.40 per hour
Location: 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition # 118723
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of December 3, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.