Senior Product Advisor (Agriculture/Agronomy)
- Company Name Co-op
- Job Start Date Fri, 03 Jun 2022 04:21:43 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Senior Product Advisor (Agriculture/Agronomy)
Job description: Description :
Interprovincial Cooperative Limited (IPCO), a respected leader in the Agricultural industry, is currently recruiting for their Senior Product Advisor position on a permanent basis, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
What you’ll do:
You will build and reinforce a trusted relationship between IPCO and its Member head offices and retails by executing in annual forecasts and delivering technical product expertise to customers and Member-owners in the following areas: developing and delivering product-focused agronomy training to Member-owners; responding to questions on proper and safe product use; providing sound agronomic advice and direction. You will also provide expertise to ensure that marketing materials for IPCO and Member-owned products comply with the requirements of the Pest Control Products Act.
- You will identify, own and execute on Members’ annual forecast and product agronomic needs. You will lead the development and delivery of product training for existing and new/updated products.
- As IPCO’s product and technical expert you will build working relationships with Member’s key contact including sales members and agronomists.
- You will be under guidance from the Business Development Manager, evaluate and provide advice on potential new agricultural products, such as novel applications, mixes and packaging.
- You will develop and support the development of product technical bulletins and advisories to IPCO Members and end-users in the safe and effective use of IPCO products, including updates to the product section of IPCO website.
- You will support the Marketing Coordinator by providing updates to labels, SDS, and crop protection guides.
- You will manage and own the product investigation process by providing Member information, product lot numbers, description of complaint and reporting the investigation findings back to the Member.
Why it matters:
IPCO is a Canadian co-owned and operated manufacturing facility with a long history of supporting the agricultural sector by providing safe and effective agriculture products. IPCO strives as a premier manufacturer for its owners and partners alike by offering high-level capabilities and many years of accumulated expertise in formulation and packaging.
IPCO prides itself on being an employer of choice with long-term employee relationships. A culture of safety and quality is paramount at IPCO, therefore the IPCO plant is ISO 9001-2015 registered and stringently adheres to regulations set out by Health Canada and additional federal, provincial and municipal compliance requirements.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Production, Trades and Maintenance and:
- You have a University degree in Agriculture, MSc preferred.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in the agriculture industry, in an advisory and/or analytical capacity. Strong agronomic and business knowledge required. Preference given to candidates with in-field and ag retail experience (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered).
- A CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) designation or PAg (Professional Agronomist) required; strong communication, presentation and organization skills.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are proactive and results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do. You can think analytically while dealing with complex situations with multiple variables.
- You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
IPCO offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of Western Canada’s most successful organizations.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by June 15th, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you require support to apply for this opportunity please contact us at .
Please note you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with IPCO policies. FCLHP