Central Reservations Agent – Mississauga
- Company Name Sandman Hotel Group
- Job Start Date Sun, 24 Jul 2022 04:25:14 GMT
- Job Type Part Time
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Central Reservations Agent – Mississauga
Job description: Sandman Hotel Group and Sutton Place Hotels are looking for a Reservations Agents for our Guest Support Centre. Reservations Agents are the first point of contact for our guests. You’re friendly and efficient, and we’ll train you to become an encyclopedia of knowledge on our hotels and the communities that we serve. You relish the opportunity to help our guests to plan their perfect trip, and are a valuable ambassador for Sandman Hotel Group and Sutton Place Hotels. So much so, that we’re pleased to offer a competitive compensation package, work from home and flexible schedule. We’re also committed to your professional development and contributing to your overall career goals. We know you’d love to hear about our perks-incredible team rates and discounts at all 7 of our restaurant brands is just the beginning! With over 60 hotels (and growing!) there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
- Must be able type 60 WPM (minimum); Fast computer data entry skills.
- All necessary tools/hardware will be provided for each agent to perform their work duties, including laptop and phone.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.
- Previous experience in customer relations would be ideal, preferably in hotel reservations or front desk environment.
- Applicants must be able to meet department’s SLA.
- Must have excellent command of the English language, knowledge of the French language is an asset.
- Must be able to commit to a Full Time training with approx. 120 hours of training time.
- Applicants must be flexible with work schedule. Position entails various shifts which may include weekends and holidays.
- Ensure inbound calls are answered in a professional and courteous manner and established procedures are adhered to without failure.
- Ensure that proper selling techniques are utilized to sell all the properties.
- Ensure all reservations and reports are completed and emails are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all reservations have accurately interfaced into the system.
- Answering all inquiries pertaining to individual hotels; including room types, rate, facilities, as well as surrounding areas.
- Complete all duties as assigned by supervisors and managers.
- Handling membership inquiries for loyalty members.
- Excellent customer relations and typing skills with professionalism on the telephones.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizations and time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Familiarization with various property managements systems (PMS) (i.e. Maestro PMS (Northwind) / Opera Cloud (Micros|Oracle) would be an asset.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
- Team rates from $59 per night
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- ½ price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- RRSP Matching for eligible employees
- HumanaCare – free mental health support & counselling
- Employment milestone rewards
- Ongoing employee events, incentives and recognition
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.