Civil Earthworks Designer
Job ID: 17526
- Company Name Vista Projects
- Job Start Date Wed, 21 Jul 2021 23:44:04 GMT
- Job Type Part Time
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Civil Earthworks Designer
Job description: What Vista Does
Vista Projects is an integrated industrial engineering firm that helps clients navigate the digital transformation of their projects and operations. Our proven project execution process is based on a “single source of truth” model that eliminates the potential for inefficient engineering designs, cost overruns and project completion delays.
Why We Do It
We believe the world needs industrial projects and that intelligent engineering data can increase the likelihood of innovative solutions getting to market. Over the years, our multi-discipline teams have conceptualized and designed some of the most challenging and successful industrial processing projects in the North American energy sector. Vista has established itself as a trusted industrial engineering partner for all types of projects, from conceptual studies and pilots to large-scale commercial expansions.
Where We Work
The benefits of our approach apply to new asset developments and brownfield optimization projects across several industrial markets. This includes biofuels and produced water treatment to natural gas and petrochemical processing. While we are headquartered in Calgary and maintain a satellite office in Houston, most staff elect to telecommute.
What You Would Do in This Role
- Developing Civil 3D surface models for rough and finish grading profiles
- Implementing the LiDAR data and Topo survey information in Civil 3D model
- Generating cut/fill volumes for engineering review and checking
- Establishing with others the plant coordinates and setting plant grid system.
- Generating quality for rough and finish grading drawings, cross-sectional and detailed drawings for roads, ponds, and preparing MTO reports.
- Supporting the regulatory application by preparing earthwork sketches and standard drawings.
- Assisting design engineer on developing tank secondary containment to meeting AER/AEP regulations
- Maintaining project schedules and issuing deliverables on-time and budget
- Providing technical guidance to junior staff
- Participating in design model reviews as required.
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of discipline inputs for cost estimates for proposals
- Being able to meet safety requirements to attend site visits
- Performing other duties as requested
- Four (4) to ten (10) years of progressive experience in facilities engineering and design in the oil and gas industry
- Civil 3D software experience is a must.
- Civil Technologist or Civil Technician diploma in applied science.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team including process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and piping engineers and designers
- Available for part-time subject to wrap up to a full-time after.
Why People Like Working with Us
Working with Vista is a chance to contribute towards accelerating our clients towards an EPC 4.0 environment. It means working on the cutting edge of technology while ensuring the system is configured with multiple stakeholders in mind. If that doesn’t excite you, this role likely won’t be a fit.
Challenging projects require focus and we enable our people to do their best work with modernized project systems that are based on our leading use of intelligent data-centric execution architecture. Our staff and clients like that it gives them real-time access to validated data shared across all project departments. This fosters project design and business decisions based on a single, authoritative source of truth and provides increased transparency and collaboration with team members and clients, leading to improved engineering quality and a product we can all take pride in.
What We Offer
An opportunity with Vista is not just a job; it is a chance to tackle challenging projects with colleagues who are among the most recognized and accomplished in their disciplines.
Vista offers all employees
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the interesting municipal and industrial engineering projects
- A robust and consistent recruitment process that ensures your colleagues are likeminded and comparably capable
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, technically skilled team which has established leadership in innovative engineering solutions
- A strong value-based philosophy that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a performance-linked variable pay program
- Company-sponsored social events and team sports
- Flexible work schedules, half-day Fridays and free parking
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
How to Apply
Note: As part of the interview process there will be a technical testing component that will take up to two hours and can be completed at home on your own timeline. Candidates may be required to complete a security clearance procedure prior to receiving an offer.
Powered by JazzHR