Clinical Therapist – Adult Outpatient – Mental Health & Addictions
- Company Name Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Salary Offer $34.99 - 45.99 per hour
- Job Start Date Sat, 14 Aug 2021 07:57:46 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Clinical Therapist – Adult Outpatient – Mental Health & Addictions
Job description: Req ID: 117127
Location: Western Zone, Western Kings Memorial Health Centre
Department: MHA Adult WKM
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare NSGEU
Posting Closing Date: 26-Aug-21
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager, Adult Outpatient – Mental Health & Addictions, the Clinical Therapist is responsible for the delivery of time-limited, evidence based psychosocial assessments and treatments to individuals, with Tier-3 substance and gambling use disorders, and to those experiencing concurrent mental disorders. All services are provided within a Stepped Care framework and practice is guided by disorder based clinical care pathways. Each clinician participates in a consultation group to ensure collegial support and effectiveness of assessments and treatments.
- Successful completion of Masters in Psychology, Masters in Social Work, Masters in Nursing, Masters in Occupational Therapy, or other Counselling program
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP), Nova Scotia Association of Social Workers (NSCSW), Nova Scotia College of Nurses (NSCN), College of Occupational Therapy Nova Scotia (COTNS), or Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapy (NSCCT).
- Minimum of two years’ clinical experience required working in the field of Mental Health & Addictions
- Demonstrated knowledge of time-limited evidence based psychological assessments and treatments for substance and gambling use disorders and concurrent mental disorders, and commitment to same
- Demonstrated knowledge of Stepped Care principles and clinical care pathways, and commitment to same
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical supervision, learning and professional development, and commitment to same
- Demonstrated knowledge in providing culturally informed, non-judgmental patient and family centre care, and commitment to same
- Demonstrated accountability and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, problem solve and utilize good judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement initiatives and evidence based practice
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing clinical supervision, learning and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to handle multiple projects concurrently and maintain personal health and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful external applicants are required to provide a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent full-time (100%) position; 75.00 hours bi-weekly.
Travel may be required, must have access to reliable vehicle.
Clinical Therapist (HTH009):
$34.99 – $45.99 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit – NSGEU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.