Construction Inspector, Rail & Transit
Job title: Construction Inspector, Rail & Transit
Job description: WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Construction Inspector to join our Rail & Transit department, located at our Toronto project office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for inspection, examination, on-site work acceptance and preparation of reports for work progress on assigned construction contracts for a transit project. As the authorized representative of the client, you will ensure that construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications, as well as with applicable codes and safety regulations
- Understand and interpret the requirements and details of the contract drawings and specifications;
- Understand the contractor’s obligations and the client’s responsibilities under the contract;
- Inspect the work according to the required established frequency; examine (measuring, testing) the work to the detail required to ensure contract compliance;
- Identify and act on any site, contractual and regulatory infractions (for safety, security, operational efficiency, customer convenience, etc.);
- Assist with the administration of the construction contracts; monitoring the constructed product for quality assurance;
- Act as a liaison between the contractor, internal staff, utility companies, local municipalities, etc. as required;
- Certain assignments may require that you work outside of normal work hours;
- Completion of a (3 year) community college program in a relevant engineering technology discipline, architectural technology, or through the possession of a Certificate of Qualification in a skilled construction trade, or the equivalent;
- O.A.C.E.T.T. certification as an Engineering Technologist is an asset;
- Several years of directly related experience in the inspection of large, multi-discipline and/or heavy construction capital projects;
- Must have sound knowledge of construction inspection and management principles, practices and techniques, as well as knowledge of construction products, materials and equipment;
- Requires specialist expertise in the civil/structural or mechanical or electrical disciplines;
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and regulations for construction projects, as well as the Commission’s safety policies and procedures applicable to the construction contract;
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees;
- Must possess sound judgement; strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem solving skills; effective interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills;.
- Must have a valid Province of Ontario non-probationary Class “G” Driver’s license.
- Experience with transportation infrastructure project (e.g. subway, light rail, buses and railway) is preferred
- Experience with transit agency (e.g. TTC, Metrolinx) is preferred.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:58:12 GMT