Counsellor, Centre for Pelvic Pain & Endometriosis – BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
- Company Name Provincial Health Services Authority
- Salary Offer $35.65 - 44.56 per hour
- Job Start Date Sat, 02 Apr 2022 00:54:23 GMT
- Job Type Part Time
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Counsellor, Centre for Pelvic Pain & Endometriosis – BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
Job description: Counsellor, Centre for Pelvic Pain & Endometriosis
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Counsellor provides individual, couples, and group counselling services alone and as a co-facilitator; consults with a variety of health care providers, hospital and community-based, on a wide range of clinical issues pertaining to the management of chronic pelvic pain; participates in case consultation with the interdisciplinary team; and refers out to other agencies and programs as necessary; plans, develops, delivers and evaluates patient-based and community-based education concerning the management of chronic pelvic pain; participates in aspects of training for students within a variety of related professions, and is involved in research projects where appropriate.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide treatment and case management services that are both inclusionary and flexible for adults with chronic pelvic pain and concurrent mental health concerns.
- Perform key duties such as intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultations, individual and couples counselling, group therapy and psychoeducation.
- Support the interdisciplinary team to provide quality client care by providing information based on specialized theory/practice.
- Plan, design, and deliver various modalities of group services to chronic pelvic pain patients, such as group psychoeducational sessions on pain science, psychotherapeutic process groups and support groups.
- Identify patients’ goals and expectations; reviews patients’ learning needs, and assists with understanding of health issues; teaches strategies for managing and changing pain; consults with colleagues regularly; supports patients.
What you bring
- A Master’s Degree in a related allied health discipline (Counselling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Clinical Social Work), from a recognized program at an accredited educational institution.
- Specific training and certification in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, pain science, trauma/PTSD, mindfulness-based therapies (MBCT, MiCBT), and motivational interviewing; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two years of recent related experience in community and/or hospital organizations providing treatment services to chronic pain patients including those with concurrent mental health issues; including experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating within an interdisciplinary team setting; educating and training using a variety of teaching modalities; and facilitating or co-facilitating support groups; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Eligible for membership and registration in the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
You have the ability to
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Relate effectively with patient and their families.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary care team
- Physically perform the duties of the job.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Interested in learning more about this opportunity?
Please contact the Talent Advisor (Heather Finn) at .
Relocation assistance may be provided
Job Type: Regular, Part-Time (0.60 FTE)
Wage: $35.65 to $44.56 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3N1
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday; 08:00 – 16:00
Requisition # 124762
What we do
(BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs:
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 10, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals
Requisition # 124762E-2375319
Work Site 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 2N9
Job Type Regular, Part-Time
Salary/Rate $35.65 – $44.56 / Hour
Hours of Work 08:00 – 4:00
Work Days Mon, Tue, Thu
Expiry Date 29-Apr-2022