Field Applications Engineer – Agriculture
Job OverviewJob ID: 10303
Job title: Field Applications Engineer – Agriculture
Job description: Hexagon’s Autonomy & Positioning division is a global technology leader, pioneering end-to-end solutions for assured positioning on land, sea, and air. We are an industry leader recognized for technical innovation, unsurpassed quality, and industry-leading customer support. Our solutions power intelligent positioning ecosystems in vital industries and safety-of-life applications. We enable the advancement of Autonomous X, where cars, UAVs, industrial vehicles, trains, vessels and more will operate safely, securely, reliably and efficiently thanks to our solutions that provide assured autonomy and positioning.
Hexagon | NovAtel is seeking a tech-savvy and personable Field Applications Engineer – Agriculture. In this role, you will be helping to drive precision agriculture development forward by supporting some of the biggest names in the agricultural industry, as well as the Agricultural Sales team, and ensuring their success. If you are passionate about the agriculture industry as well as autonomy and positioning technology, then this is a great opportunity to help increase awareness of NovAtel’s revolutionary technologies, consult on positioning & autonomy solutions for vehicle localization, and provide field and professional services to our worldwide customer base.
GNSS receivers and antennas from Hexagon | NovAtel are found in the data collection, control, guidance and steering systems of the world’s top precision ag companies and vehicle manufacturers’ products. As the global leader in OEM precision positioning technology, our customers rely on us to provide reliable, quality solutions that optimize growers’ productivity and efficiency, that save time and lower input costs.
As part of a growing Agriculture Applications Engineering team, this position will be focused on supporting NovAtel’s agricultural customers. The team collaborates closely with customers, Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering and the wider Hexagon Autonomy & Positioning Support team to help ensure the cohesive and comprehensive delivery of products and materials.
This position based in Hexagon Autonomy & Positioning’s office located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
As Field Applications Engineer, responsibilities include:
- Providing customer training, demonstrations, technical assistance, and technical sales support to some of the biggest names in the industry
- Preparing and delivering technical presentation material
- Providing frequent support to agricultural events and trade shows
- Liaising with other departments regarding technical matters
- Formulating and implementing procedures and plans for resolving problems
- Performing software testing, verification, bug reports, and field trial coordination
- Reviewing technical documentation materials and manuals
- Generating application notes, integration guides and other content to answer frequently asked questions from customers and contributing to the overall knowledge of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering, Technical or Agriculture-related field
- 3+ years of experience in a technical customer support or sales role, or related industry experience
- A solid understanding of precision agriculture technology, products and services
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- English fluency with excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with occasional international travel
Key Success Factors:
- High attention to detail and exceedingly organized
- Known for providing exceptional customer service
- Strong multi-tasker with keen ability to prioritize and the ability to work unsupervised
- Comfortable working individually but know when to ask for help
- Self-motivated team player with proven problem-solving skills
- Outgoing and energetic with exceptional people skills
- Work well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to conduct customer presentations in the field
- Goal oriented and results driven
- First-hand experience utilizing precision agriculture systems
- Experience working directly with OEM customers, preferably in the delivery of support or services in a Precision Agriculture application
- Experience in GNSS and INS systems installation and/or troubleshooting in precision agriculture related applications.
- Crop production background or experience
Location: Calgary, AB
Job date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 05:29:31 GMT