Health Care Attendant – Reactivation Care Unit
- Company Name Unity Health Toronto
- Salary Offer $24.97 - 27.36 per hour
- Job Start Date Sat, 06 Aug 2022 02:21:38 GMT
- Job Type Part Time
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Health Care Attendant – Reactivation Care Unit
Job description: St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Unity Health Toronto has opened a 30 bed Transitional Care and Reactivation Care Unit located at Humber Church site (200 Church St.; near Jane Street south of the 401). The Reactivation Care Unit will provide care for adult and geriatric patients who require therapy, reactivation and transition planning in order to transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments.
For more details on the location, please follow this link:
This unit focuses on reactivation and transition planning for patients who are waiting transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments. Working as a part of a dedicated, interprofessional team, you will deliver patient centred care designed with best practice principles. This team will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers to provide reactivation therapy with a goal of enhancing and optimizing patient’s functions and engagement in daily routines.
As an employee of Unity Health Toronto, Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto and St. Michael’s Hospital you will be providing (RN, RPN, HCA) services to this new unit. Effective January 1st, 2019, St. Joseph’s Health Centre is now part of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
The HCA will provide high quality patient care within an Interprofessional Collaborative Practice philosophy. Being part of this team means being part of an exciting new initiative to help us support patients along their continuum of care and to shape how care is delivered.
- Health Care Aide (HCA) or Personal Support Worker (PSW) diploma certificate from a recognized program approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities that is no less than 625 hours in length
- Current BLS /CPR certificate required.
- Recent experience in a rehab, complex continuing care or long-term care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient and family-centred care.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in the English Language.
- Ability to perform FULL range of duties in this position including specific types of patient care as governed by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Ability to provide portering and transportation services for patients and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Experience and demonstrated skills documenting and reviewing electronic patient records preferred.
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) training or equivalent is a strong asset.
- Knowledge and experience in falls and pressure ulcer prevention.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interprofessional team.
- Satisfactory attendance record.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. Please note, if you are extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in Ontario QR Code format. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.