Heavy Duty Mechanic – Construction – Yellowknife
- Company Name RTL Construction
- Salary Offer $2000 per month
- Job Start Date Thu, 16 Jun 2022 04:09:57 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Heavy Duty Mechanic – Construction – Yellowknife
Job description: Heavy Duty Mechanic – Construction
Westcan Bulk Transport Ltd.
Location: Yellowknife Terminal – reposted June 14, 2022
The Kenan Advantage Group “KAG” is North America’s largest independent fuels delivery and bulk liquids carrier. At KAG, we pride ourselves on providing the safest and highest quality service to our customers by delivering every load on time, without incident. Our team members help us achieve our Vision of revolutionizing transportation and logistics within the liquid bulk industry through our national scale, advanced technology, and an uncompromising commitment to be the employer of choice.
Our Canadian Operating companies are Westcan Bulk Transport, RTL Construction, Les Distributions Carl Beaulac, Paul’s Hauling and Kentrax Transport – KAG Canada! If you want to contribute to KAG’s excellent tradition of innovation and leadership in the logistics and transportation industry, we invite you to apply!
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, the Heavy Duty Mechanic (also referred to as Equipment Technician) will be responsible to support the day-to-day maintenance and repair of our off road, construction and heavy equipment. We’re looking for skilled technicians to support our repair shops with the ability to work independently and as part of our great team.
What you bring:
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required
- Previous experience with off road equipment
- Basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge and experience to comprehend a variety of situations to identify underlying causes to solve technical issues
- Self-motivation with excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends, and on call after hours as required
About the position:
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance services
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions working with construction equipment
- Adjusting equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems on truck and trailers
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work done meets manufacturers’ specifications and legislated regulations
- Completing service repair orders and bill out all parts used on repair order
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area
What’s in it for you?
- Very competitive rates including shift premiums
- Flexible work arrangements
- Company paid health and dental benefits and safety boot allowance
- We offer a wide range of other employee programs and incentives including a RRSP/DPSP matching program, annual bonus opportunities and scholarships opportunities for your children
- Referral reward payments up to $2,000 available per successful hire (certain conditions apply)
- We are a fun team and maintain a family like atmosphere
- We listen to your ideas and give you an opportunity to make changes
- We have an uncompromising commitment to safety and lead by example every day through actively caring about one another
Please note, as a courtesy, we strongly encourage internal applicants to advise their immediate supervisor of their application for any position within the company.
Remember, Refer and Earn! External applicants should apply online on the Career Opportunities page found under the Join Our Team link at . Applicants for this position will need to produce proof
of valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract. Applicants in consideration will adhere to company arranged health assessment and drug screen as well as criminal record search.
We love diversity! Westcan is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and equivalently considers applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.