Installation Site Supervisor (Construction)
Job ID: 17495
- Company Name Eventscape Inc.
- Job Start Date Sun, 27 Jun 2021 22:27:44 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Installation Site Supervisor (Construction)
Job description: At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
We have an opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Installation Site Supervisor to oversee construction projects and supervise the construction team. The Installation Supervisor will lead the installation of Eventscape projects assigned to them and will be based out of our offices in Toronto.
To be successful as a Site Supervisor, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable of building codes, construction practices and safety regulations. Ultimately, an outstanding Site Supervisor should be able to interpret building plans as well as demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ensuring design and building specifications are met according to plan
- Identify and mitigate obstacles affecting production, budget or timelines
- Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors.
- Educating site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol.
- Enforcing site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
- Maintaining an accurate record of construction phases
- Analyzing blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications.
- Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Complete site reports on a daily basis to a high standard of accuracy
- Completion of a post-secondary education construction training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Site Supervisor in the Construction field.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Finish carpentry and/or metal fabrication experience
- Ability to travel
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.
While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.
Eventscape Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. A qualified applicant with a disability is one with the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416 231 8855.