Process Development Specialist, Logistics
- Company Name Canadian Blood Services
- Salary Offer $72000 - 85000 per year
- Job Start Date Fri, 15 Oct 2021 22:59:57 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Process Development Specialist, Logistics
Job description: Job category: Supply chain and logistics
Job posting ID: 1816
Employment status: Temporary full-time
Position’s anticipated end date: 2023/03/31
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $72,000 to $85,000
Application deadline: 2021/10/28
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About this role
We are currently seeking a Process Development Specialist to join our Logistics Planning team. In this role you will be responsible for facilitating the development, planning, management and implementation of initiatives, including specific projects, components of a major complex project, process improvement initiatives and process maintenance. You will work closely with the functional business groups to achieve defined objectives in accordance with established cost and time parameters. You will also provide subject matter expertise both in the technical aspects of the supply chain process as well as assistance with corporate process management methodology. Specific experience and skills in SAP warehouse management system (WMS) and logistics activities is preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading standardization and process improvement initiatives.
- Providing project management through to implementation of projects/initiatives.
- Leading in the development of work instructions and training development.
- Providing operational support to sites.
- Maintaining processes within the Supply Chain function for tracking initiatives and activities.
- Providing general support to the Project Manager, SAP Modernization and other related duties reporting into the Associate Director, Logistics Process Management (and Planning) as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institute.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in project management, quality management, good manufacturing processes.
- Experience with Warehouse Logistics is an asset.
- General management and previous project experience.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in the supply chain process being supported.
- Experience in applying process management concepts in the design, improvement and maintenance of complex supply chain processes. Experience with the application of LEAN manufacturing concepts is preferable.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CBS business processes, regulations and quality environment.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret business needs and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 6% performance award opportunity
- Comprehensive vacation, group dental and health benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.