Project Coordinator – Civil Construction
- Company Name Jacob Bros Construction
- Job Start Date Tue, 07 Jun 2022 23:22:00 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Project Coordinator – Civil Construction
Job description: Work for a BC Top Employer 2022!
Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring a Project Coordinator – Civil Construction.
The successful candidate will have prior work or co-op experience as a Project Coordinator delivering heavy civil construction projects. (Infrastructure, earthworks, utilities, concrete, etc.)
This position is 100% site based.
About the Role:
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager and assists with planning, organization and direction of construction projects in the heavy civil discipline.
- Maintains project document control including daily reports, RFIs, shop drawings, changes, billing and daily labor timesheets
- Assists Superintendent with operational tasks including preparation of work plans and packages, scheduling updates, updating drawings, and supervision of subcontractor operations
- Supervises field operations and plans, schedules and coordinates work on the job site
- Assists with implementing and monitoring Quality and Safety Plans, including participation in job site safety reviews, toolbox meetings, and safety training
- Assists in the preparation of purchase orders, subcontracts and generation of change orders
- Performs basic engineering calculations and assists in interpretations of drawings and specifications for field crews
- Orders, schedules and tracks material deliveries to job site
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary training in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year Project Coordinator experience with a General Contractor on heavy civil construction projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, project teams and subtrades
- Strong knowledge of construction specifications, methods and procedures
- Working knowledge of scheduling, estimating and subcontracts
- Proficient user of project control software applications, including AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Eligibility for Profit Sharing Program
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $2000 Referral Bonus Program
About Jacob Bros:
At Jacob Bros, our team of talented construction professionals is taking on some the most challenging projects in British Columbia’s construction industry.
We are one of BC’s largest and most respected construction organizations, offering construction services in a variety of markets including heavy civil construction, major public infrastructure, and industrial, commercial, institutional and residential projects.
Jacob Bros has proudly served every major sector of Western Canada’s construction industry since 2008, and has been consistently recognized as a BC Top Employer.
Jacob Bros employs over 300 construction professionals, including staff and craft employees.
No agencies please.