Theatre Attendant II
Job ID: 20543
- Salary Offer $23.39 - 27.43 per hour
- Job Start Date Sun, 12 Sep 2021 05:52:21 GMT
- Job Type Part Time
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Theatre Attendant II
Job description: Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Reporting to the Audience Services Manager, Food and Beverage Manager and Event Manager, the Theatre Attendant II (TA2) is supervised by and engages in day to day direction from the assigned Theatre Attendant III (TA3). The Theatre Attendant II (TA2) is responsible for overseeing the work of Theatre Attendant I (TA1) positions in customer service roles at the Vancouver Civic Theatres (VCT) and its venues, The Queen Elizabeth Theatre, The Orpheum, The Vancouver Playhouse and The Annex. The TA2 is responsible for ensuring all event requirements at the VCT are in place and communicated to other staff. The position is also responsible for training staff, overseeing event inventory logistics, and electronic record keeping. Duties are performed in accordance with established procedures but some independent judgement is exercised in dealing with minor problems.
- Receives/Inspects/FIFO (spell out) material, products, equipment and confirms received goods to purchase orders, quality, quantity, expiration and all health code requirements.
- Maintains accurate sales records/ recordkeeping/ Operations Sheets and reporting of complex records for all inventory of material/products movement equipment in appropriate system such as SAP, Volante, Excel.
- Sorts, counts, and records inventory that is stored at VCT to ensure proper controls over products and space management.
- Regularly reviews records documenting the inventory movement, identifies errors in the data and escalates the errors to Supervisor/ Food & Beverage Manager to resolve.
- Deliver orders to food and beverage service areas throughout the theaters in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the par stock of all menu items at all service areas to ensure inventory levels are correct.
- Work closely with CoV Departments such as Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Actively supervise and assist with F&B functions; plan and assist with event set-up as directed by the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Participates and delivers TA1 pre-shift briefings as required and in accordance with specific instructions for the event.
- Provides supervision, guidance, training, and coaching to TA1 staff as required.
- Supports staff orientation and cross training as required, and provides feedback to Audience Services
Manager, Food & Beverage Manager and TA3s regarding staff performance. * Contributes to the creation and implementation of Training Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assumes duties within the VCT Fire Plan, as required.
- Ensures ticket scanners are prepared and in working order prior to each event.
- Ensures programs are stuffed and distributed.
- Performs other duties as directed by the TA3, Food & Beverage Manager, Audience Services
Manager and Event Manager. Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Related experience in hospitality industry, or customer service, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Serving it Right Certificate
- Food Safe Level 1
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Is able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Energetic, positive and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Proven track record of going above and beyond.
- Resourceful problem solver. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, diverse, and multi-faceted team
environment. * Demonstrated organizational skills
- Food and Beverage product knowledge
- Experience with accounting and inventory control.
- Ability to effectively understand the varying business levels (please speak with hiring manager) and implement decisions with a high level of attention to detail.
- Execute multiple tasks within strict deadlines while displaying attention to detail and business levels (please speak with hiring manager
- Ability to work non-standard hours and meet minimum availability requirements.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and delegating work, as well as taking direction from Supervisor.
- Contributing team member with a focus on customer service.
- Ability to provide feedback to supervisors regarding staffs’ performance or training needs.
- Preferred knowledge of all VCT venues’ layouts.
- Preferred knowledge of VCT operations and regulations as they relate to the work performed.
- Working knowledge of special requirements related to the all food and beverage equipment.
- Preferred knowledge of EBMS, Volante, SAP and ability to use relevant information and reports.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word and Excel.
- Proven track record of accuracy and attention to details.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position, including standing for long periods, navigating stairs and working in darkened areas.
- Ability to lift and carry items, up to 30 pounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with the public and difficult situations
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role, standing, walking, lifting for up to 8 hours.
Business Unit/Department: Arts, Culture and Community Services (1200)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: October, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-012: $23.39 to $27.43 per hour
Number of Positions: Multiple
Application Close: September 19, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process . .
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.