Administrative Assistant I
- Company Name WorkSafeBC
- Salary Offer $22.13 per hour
- Job Start Date Tue, 04 Oct 2022 04:04:59 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Administrative Assistant I
Job description: Overview
Our Prevention Services team is looking for a detail-oriented administrative assistant. If you’re a self-starter, service-oriented, and enjoy helping internal and external clients, as well as performing diverse administrative tasks, we want to hear from you.
At this time, this is a hybrid position with an opportunity to work remotely and onsite in our Richmond office depending on operational needs.
What you’ll do
As an administrative assistant I you will:
- Prepare and manage a variety of correspondence including emails, memos, forms, reports, manuals or other materials
- Receive, screen, and refer incoming telephone calls to appropriate staff; provide general information to callers where applicable and answer routine inquiries
- Greet and direct external and internal visitors
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail and correspondence; respond to routine inquiries and correspondence within established guidelines
- Maintain a variety of paper and digital files and records
- Maintain office supplies and stationery
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accurately handle concurrent activities
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- This position requires regular and punctual attendance
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- Excellent English language skills, with accurate grammar and spelling
You must submit your application by 4:30 pm on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email the (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with our competitive starting salary of $22.13/hour, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits and contributions toward your retirement pension. We also offer continuous learning opportunities, leadership development programs, and tuition reimbursement to make your career at WorkSafeBC rewarding. As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about .
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity. We invite applications from all qualified individuals, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation of your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.