Senior Program Manager, IT Delivery
Job ID: 20949
- Company Name Bell
- Job Start Date Sat, 18 Sep 2021 22:03:14 GMT
- Job Type Full Time - Permanent
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Senior Program Manager, IT Delivery
Job description: Req Id: 324733
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Bell’s goal is to advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world, enabled by a strategy that builds on our competitive strengths and embraces the new opportunities of the integrated digital future. In a new world of communication possibilities, Bell is committed to bringing the best digital connections and next-generation services to Canadians, with customer experience at the centre of everything we do.
The Information Technology – Digital Customer Experience (DCX) is tasked with the delivery of web-based applications that serve wireless, residential and business markets. Bell.ca, Virginmobile.ca, LuckyMobile.ca, SoloMobile.ca are key sites within the portfolio.
The IT DCX Team is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Manager, Program Manager to join our team. The candidate will become a key member of our Leadership Team, accountable for leading the execution of IT DCX Initiatives primarily focused on our Wireless Initiatives.
The prime responsibility of this position is to lead a cross-functional team IT professionals including IT Project Managers, Business Analysts, Systems Analyst and Vendor Partners to delivery IT Projects in the Digital Logged In Experience. The team will be made up of internal reports, contractors and external partners to deliver on the DCX Delivery Program. The goal of the team is to work with our business partners to deliver IT Projects on Time, On Budget and with Quality.
This role also includes managing project schedules, managing partners and vendors, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders.
- Lead a cross functional team of IT Professionals that include a mix of internal Direct Reports, Contract Employees and External Partners
- Accountable to lead scope clarification, conceptual solutions and project assessments of across a large portfolio of projects
- Resource management of both internal and external resources assigned to a project
- Ensure IT projects are dressed for success
- Accountable for On Time, On Budget and Quality Delivery of IT initiatives
- Incorporation of lessons learned and continuous improvements into the delivery cycle
- Stakeholder communications
- Manager vendor and partner relationships
- Post secondary degree or diploma preferably with a focus on business or information technology focus
- 3+ years’ experience as a senior leader preferably in IT
- Strong work ethic with a focus on collaborative problem solving and solutions delivery.
- Ability to use a diplomatic approach to work with high level stakeholders and introduction of changes in the business. Proven aptitude to manager vendors and partners to build a win-win ecosystem
- Ability to motivate a team to work towards a common end goal
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to clearly express and communicate concepts, designs and proposals. Ability to communicate highly complex matters and adapt to the target audience and forum.
- Ability to conceptualize and think abstractly, and work and manage in a technically complex environment.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn; both complex technical concepts and end to end business processes
- Some knowledge of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0 and 2.1 would be an asset but not mandatory
- Strong working knowledge of federal and provincial accessibility requirements such as AODA (
) and ACA (Accessible Canada Act) would be an asset but is not mandatory * Knowledge of identity management, PCI compliancy, secure system development life cycle would be an asset but is not mandatory
- Ability to efficiently work in virtual teams, handling multiple projects and aggressive timelines
- Fast paced, changing working environment, interfacing with a myriad of stakeholders
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and/or deployment windows
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John’s || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 10/01/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at .
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of