Job OverviewJob ID: 89254
- Company Name Shoppers Drug Mart
- Job Start Date Wed, 29 Nov 2023 07:26:04 GMT
- Job Type Part Time
- Job Source Careerjet
Job title: Store Administrator
Job description: Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
Administer the accounting related functions within the store supporting sales, inventory, payroll, and benefits reporting and other financial requirements in order to achieve the financial objectives of the store(s).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify packing slips by matching them to the authorized invoice and verify to the Merchandise Receiving Log.
- Process invoices for payment based on respective vendor payment method.
- Identify any discrepancies between invoice cost and purchase order amounts and action the discrepancies above the prescribed threshold with Associate, FSM and/or vendor.
- Review SDM weekly statements for invoices, inter-store transfers and corporate charges.
- Allocate charges paid through the store credit card on a periodic basis.
- Process store-to-store payments
- Complete the new vendor setup form for frequently used vendors for central processing.
- Interface / Input charges and payments on account files into Accounts Receivable, ensuring AR system totals match the totals validated from front end systems.
- Process and reconcile all adjustments to the A/R sub ledger.
- Maintain and review detailed AR aging each period and follow-up on collection activities.
- Action Vendors’ Claim Reconciliation on a periodic basis and submit to Central Office as required each period by due date
- Setup AR and billing for store-to-store receivables.
- Generate and distribute Customer AR Statements on a monthly/periodic basis.
- Maintain customer profiles for new & existing customers and ensure all related receivables are associated with the account.
- Reconcile sales details from the cash register daily. Determine whether cash overage or shortage occurred and investigate to determine cause of any shortage or overage.
- Ensure daily deposits are posted correctly in the bank on a timely basis for Cash and EFT.
- Audit allocation of expenses to ensure correct accounts are charged
- Review timesheets against payroll posting and advise the manager of any discrepancies.
- Ensure payroll is processed on time every two weeks.
- Employee Benefit Administration: Enroll eligible employees in the program and ensure terminated employees are removed from the program.
- Ensure employee personal data is accurate provide discrepancies to manager.
- Update cosmetic commissions database for cosmetic daily sales analysis, sales, hours and commission payment by Cosmetic employee.
- Provide Cosmetic Commissions data to be entered in WFM to Front Store Manager.
- Ensure T4s and government forms are balanced and requested to be filed by CRA deadlines.
- Ensure all other employment programs are recorded accurately.
- Complete all legislated benefit filings accurately and submitted on time.
- [Quebec] Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner for CNESST to ensure future payments to injured employees or employees on preventative maternity leave.
- Maintain PDP enrollment for eligible employees.
- Prepare Period End Binder with required documents, review and forward to Associate.
- Review period end cash clearing template and investigate discrepancies.
- Complete the necessary inventory day forms, including the cutoff worksheet, and liaise with the Central Inventory Accounting team.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Comply with internal audit controls.
Financial Process Optimization (FPO) webforms
- Complete reconciliation of balance sheet and other accounts, action discrepancies and submit weekly financial process webforms (FPO) to Central Office by due dates.
Skills, Experience & Education
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, delegate workload and work well with others.
- Minimum of 2Y of accounting experience and/or formal accounting post-secondary education.
- Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes and is able to adapt to different assignments.
- Proficient with MS spreadsheets and basic computer skills to prepare documentations and produce reports.
- Proven time management skills, ability to plan, set and assign work priorities to meet performance goals.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing with group of stakeholders and individuals.
- Attention to detail and acumen for placing/having thorough checks in place.
- Business acumen – knowledge of accounting guidelines, principles and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up-to 20 pounds
- General office work
HR – Standards for Privacy and confidentiality policies
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada’s diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.